Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Experience Illusion Mage 3D Software

I grew up watching Anime for most of my life but for the most part it was only in 2D, that was up until around 2004. I saw an Anime movie called Appleseed and I was like WOW! The 3D rendering, storyline everything was so amazing to me in that movie and I could tell the whole animation industry was on its way to a more 3D visual appeal for years to come. Boy was I right as kids movies like Toy Story, Shrek all created using 3D software came out shortly after from big studios like Pixar and Dreamworks.

So what is it about these movies that's so stunning? Is it the magnificence of the technology combined with art that astonishes the audience? Or is it their ability to transform us into an entirely different world that captivates the minds of millions? Whatever be it, the few hours of immense cheerfulness that they bring into our lives is unmatched and leaves us only asking for more.

I have a couple close friends that actually create short films using 3D animation software on their computers. Having watched over their shoulders for some time while they are creating these films I became interested in making my own as a hobby. Only problem was the popular 3D animation software they used called Maya, costs around $3,000! I didn't want to shell out that kind of money just yet for a hobby so I seeked out a more cost effective alternative.. That's when I found Illusion Mage.

I thought to myself, OK, it's fairly inexpensive so it can't be that good right? Well, from reading other reviews and looking at the website I decided what the heck, why not? After all it has a 60 day money back guarantee, so that's 2 full months to test it out with nothing to lose! I've been playing with Illusion Mage now for about 2 weeks and here is my review:

Pros:
Easy to use interface to render 3D objects and animate them quickly
Step by step training videos that got me up and running in no time
professional grade 3D modeling at a very inexpensive price
Cons:
3d animationHuge video training files from the members area take a few minutes to download and I'm kind of impatient
The software seems fairly unknown still in the 3D animation community but the forums of users is growing everyday
The training videos seem to drag out for me as they also cover basic stuff but I guess that's not too bad for a total beginner
What's my take on Illusion Mage? For me it's a keeper as it has all the functionality of the more expensive 3D animation software with the lower price point. As a matter of fact, I showed it to my friend (who uses Maya) and he couldn't believe the feature set it has for such a low price. He actually got mad he paid so much for other software that does the same thing! When it comes to inexpensive 3D animation software, I HIGHLY recommend Illusion Mage Check it out along with the intro video!

No comments:

Post a Comment